Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Family Reunion

The kids and I were able to go to Utah for 9 days to see family. We sure are sad to be so far from so many people we love. But we thoroughly enjoyed an extended visit. Here are some pictures to show the highlights:

Cousin Elaina had her 2nd birthday party where lots of family and friends swam, ate cupcakes, and had a great time. The next day we went to a fun park to play and feed the ducks. I snapped a shot of the kids with Grandma Penner.


On our 3rd day we were able to go down to Sandy to visit Bryan's Grandma Rushworth (GG). We spent a fun day going to the aquarium, going swimming and, after dinner, getting a chance to chat while the kids played. The next day was the open house for the new Oquirrh Mountain Temple in South Jordan. We were all able to take a tour and have cookies afterwards. One of my first memories is going through the Jordan River Temple when I was Rachel's age. I hope she will be able to remember this too. That night we had a fun family dinner at Amber's church building and afterwards had a family dance. It was really a great time.

The reason for the visit was for the Penner Family Reunion. It was a one-day celebration. We had lunch and crafts (Rachel and Ben are painting our family's pinewood derby car). That night we went to my cousin Lonnie's house for a BBQ, games and chatting.

On Sunday we took a family picture that I am anxious to get a copy of. Some of the computer savvy members of my family are going to try to photoshop Bryan into the picture since he sadly couldn't be with us. I am extremely grateful to my family for all of the work they did to make this special trip possible for us. I love my family more than anything in this world and wish all of my family lived closer.

1 comment:

Carol said...

When I am with our family, it is like being in the Celestial Kingdom. I look forward to being a forever family. Thanks kids for teaching our grandchildren so well. Life is great!